Stockton Kia Careers
Family-run Kia dealership based in Preston Farm, Stockton-On-Tees. Find the latest vacancies at Stockton Kia here, check back for new opportunities within this fantastic business.
Motor Vehicle Technician
£21,900 a year basic - Full-time, Permanent
Stockton Kia is looking for a qualified Prep Technician / MOT Tester. MOT Testing is not essential but is preferred.
If you'd like to join a fantastic, family-run business with a friendly and fun working environment and you think you have the skills we need, apply today!
Basic salary of £21,900, an average approximate bonus of £3,120 per year based on efficiency performance, plus overtime at time and a half.
Prep Technician / MOT Tester Main duties:
- Carry out pre-delivery inspections to company standards, ensuring quality and health and safety requirements are met.
- Carry out pre-delivery inspections on all vehicles according to the pre-delivery inspection checklist.
- Carry out collection inspections on all vehicles prior to customer delivery, in line with the checklist.
- To complete services on vehicles as required.
- Carry out minor repairs where necessary.
- Ensure all work carried out meets health and safety requirements.
- Ensure all work carried out meets company standards of quality.
- Work to job card allocations.
- Report additional repair or safety issues to the workshop supervisor or manager.
- Carry out responsibilities and work in a manner that is compliant with the health and safety requirements of the workplace.
- Valid class 4 and 7 MOT testing license
- Full UK drivers license.
- Experience in a busy workshop.
- Own tools.
- Preferably qualified at level 2 in a relevant motor trade qualification.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise.
- Stays calm in a fast-paced high volume environment.
- High attention to detail and desire to produce high-quality work.
- Logical and thorough in approach.
- Understands the importance of the role of exceptional customer service.
- Great team player, willing to help others.
- Friendly and enthusiastic personality.
- You must hold a full clean UK Driving Licence.
What we offer our Prep Technician / MOT Tester
As well as a stable career, we offer a competitive salary package consisting of a basic salary and bonus to reward your performance.
We offer 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) which increases with service along with various other benefits and contributory workplace pension scheme.
Sound Interesting? If you think you've got what it takes and would like to join our family-run company as a Prep Technician/MOT Tester please click 'APPLY ON INDEED'.
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.